Rosacea is a skin condition common in middle-aged white women. This skin condition causes redness, blushing or flushing, and even visible blood vessels in your face area. At times, the condition may also cause breakouts of pus-filled bumps, flaking, dryness, etc. Even though rosacea looks similar to acne, or other natural ruddiness, these flare-ups are different and have no specific cure, only treatment can control and reduce the signs and symptoms.
Are you struggling with red patches on your face? Here are a few tips to control rosacea:
1) Know and Avoid your Triggers: The skin condition rosacea can be linked due to certain triggers in your lifestyle which might be high-intensity workouts, anger, anxiety, extreme climate change, a medical issue like hypertension, habits like alcohol consumption, smoking, etc. So, first, find your trigger point and then completely avoid them to see the change.
2) Proper Skin Care Routine: Rosacea is a skin condition that can very badly affect your self-confidence and self-esteem. So, having a rosacea-proof skincare routine is very important to stop flare-ups. Try to follow a very gentle skincare routine which includes a mild face wash or cleanser, a moisturizer, and sunscreen. Try to avoid skincare products containing acids or alcohol and also avoid face scrubbing.
3) Protect your Skin from the Sun: Direct sunlight can worsen rosacea, therefore to reduce rosacea flare-ups caused by the sun, use sunscreen that suits your skin type. Apply sunscreen every day before going outdoors and along with this, you can protect your face from heat, cold, or wind by wearing a scarf or mask. Choose a broad-spectrum protection sunscreen that has ingredients like zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, or both and is SPF 30 or higher.
4) Choose Rosacea Friendly Skin Care Products: When choosing skincare products and makeup be careful that you avoid products that cause irritation to your skin. Also avoid products that contain alcohol, acid, menthol, sodium laurel sulfate, urea, etc.
5) Bring Change to Food Habits: Opt for mild foods and it’s good to avoid spicy foods completely if you like them. Same way keep control of the intake of hot beverages; try to include iced coffee or tea instead. If you are someone who chooses to drink, consider beverages other than red wine because red wine is one main cause f rosacea for many. Try to limit your intake to one or two drinks with a cold glass of water in between.
6) Seek help from a Dermatologist: Seeking professional help can help you control rosacea to an extent as they prescribe mild creams and cleansers, that significantly reduce redness and which include ingredients like azelaic acid, metronidazole, sodium sulfacetamide. & ivermectin. In some cases, even laser therapy is considered safe and effective for toning down redness.
While there’s no proper cure for rosacea, advanced treatments are coming up which is more tailored to your personal rosacea symptoms. Following the above-mentioned skincare tips and taking proper treatments as advised by your dermatologist can definitely control this skin conditions. Are you in search of the best skin clinic in Box Hill? Skin & Light is a recognized skincare and beauty service clinic that has highly qualified dermatologists experienced in a wide range of skin conditions.